Initial Prenatal Visit
This first visit will take approximately 90 minutes. You will initially meet with a registered nurse that will review your past history and provide
comprehensive educational counseling. Please bring a list of questions you may be concerned about, and both the nurse and physician will discuss them
with you. The physician will do a complete physical exam including, breast exam, pap smear (if indicated), and pelvic exam. Prenatal labs and urine
will be obtained at this initial visit.
FOLLOW UP VISITS
SCHEDULING OF FUTURE VISITS
- Blood pressure
- Urine Screening (check for glucose and protein)
- Listen to fetal heart tones and evaluate growth
- Answer any questions regarding your pregnancy
- First 28 weeks = monthly visits
- 28 to 36 weeks = every two week visits
- 36 weeks to delivery = weekly visits
**This may vary depending on the health needs of each individual.**
Cervical checks will be done toward the very end of pregnancy,(38 or 39 weeks) unless you may be having a potential problem. i.e.
(premature onset of labor or amniotic fluid leak).